With the elimination of 3.5mm headphone jack from its design, often users wonder how to charge iPhone 7 and use headphones at the same time. Well, the latest design goes well and supports innovative technology which is a sound alternative to wired headphones and charging accessories. But at the same time, it is an extra cost to users as they need to buy new accessories to utilize the technology; which by the way has resulted in skyrocketing profits for the manufacturer i.e. Apple.
Although, the evolution in technology each passing year not only excites the users but also proliferate their expectations to new heights. Apple is paving way for a wireless future and its foundation is seen in iPhone7. With the removal of 3.5mm headphone jack, Apple opens endless opportunities for users to come out of wired zone and explore ways in which they can opt for wireless means in charging, listening to music or communicating.
So, now you can charge iPhone 7 and use headphones simultaneously by opting for wireless possibilities or purchasing additional accessories such as jacks and ports from the Apple store. Here are some options for you:
1.Buy yourself an IL Dock:
- If you want to use your headphone jack and charge your phone at the same time this small, portable and efficient device is a perfect choice for you.
- This pocket-size device comes at a price of $ 10 which is a very cost effective solution for Apple users. On one end you have a lighting adapter going in your IPhone and on the other side you have 3.5mm headphone jack to plug in your headphones and a charging port to plug-in a lighting connector.
- Reasonably priced at just $15, you can get a cumulative solution to charge your phone as well as listen to music at the same time with a splitter adapter.
- You also do not require upgrading software but just need to connect the device to the charging port.
- There are two cables attached to the device; one can be used to connect headphones while the other can be connected to the lightning cable.
- One thing to keep in mind with the splitter adapter is that it does not support in-line phone calls. So, if you want to use headphones for calls then this will not be possible as it does not have an in-built mic facility.
3.Apple lighting dock:
- A lightning dock allows you to charge your phone as well as use headphones at the same time. Just plug-in your charger to the dock and your headphones on the backside where you can find a headphone jack.
4.Bluetooth wireless headphones:
- This is one of the most obvious and logical solutions
- It can be any wireless headphones connected via Bluetooth.
- Apple has its AirPods coming out to support iPhone7 which utilizes the W1 chip placed inside the phone. It gives an improved Bluetooth activity. The battery life of these headphones is maximum 5 hours.
- You can even convert your wired headphones to wireless ones by using Griffin adapter. It also supports calling features as it has an in-built mic.
5.The second version of Belkin’s ROCKSTAR:
- This version has the headphone jack and the lighting port unlike the older version. This means that a double dongle was needed with one of the lighting port in order to get a plug in for the headphone jack.
- This version supports mic and remote control
- It supports syncing as well.
6.Going for wireless charging options:
- You can still charge your IPhone 7 wirelessly despite the fact that wireless charging is not inbuilt in the phone.
- All you need is a 1 mm thick wireless receiver, a USB cable and upgraded software (iOS 11)
- Once your phone is updated, just place it on the receiver pad and continue charging phone while plugging-in the headphones to the port. Enjoy music and charge your phone together!